Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Knitting Drought

I'm back from my interstate trip complete with jet lag, bag overflowing with paperwork - also additional bags under the eyes. A sense of strangeness also came home with me probably due to lack of sleep and lack of knitting  (only one hour of knitting time between Friday last week and today!).

However, after a few hours at home with hugs from my boys and husband, knitting needles in hand and joyous play happening around me.....I'm at peace with the world, happy and content.

My youngest showed me his makeshift rope and pulley system in the backyard which was very cool. I had to test it out several times for good measure!



My eldest had stories galore about the pirate boat he'd made at school - which he was so proud of as it floats!  It's amazing how little is needed to restore inner calm. Suddenly, everything else falls into perspective and what seemed so irritating and problematic before, now can be seen in its proper light.


Coming back to the  Easter Beanie Challenge, I've picked up the slouch beanie again and despite having lost so many days, I'm feeling optimistic that I'll get it done by the end of the week. Let's hope I can show you more in my next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment