Sunday, 15 April 2012

Birthdays and Guilty Pleasures

After a whirlwind of a wonderful social weekend, I'm sitting at my computer at the end of Sunday night feeling shattered! We've had two birthdays - a one and a thirty year old's party. Quite different but similar in terms of quantities of cake, running around of little people and of course, hot dogs. Great fun had by all.

I finished my present for Ben in the nick of time. His vest got sewn up on Friday night and the beanie was still being knit on Friday afternoon! However, it should fit him well and hopefully the beanie will stay on - he's a puller-off of beanies. I'm not entirely pleased with the beanie - never good to go with an entirely new beanie when you're up against the clock. It doesn't give you quite enough time to tinker with things and get them just right. Apologies for the very uninspiring photo, it was taken very quickly on Saturday morning before I wrapped up the gift on the way to the party and the hat, well....the camera didn't take a liking to it!


 I also snuck in a guilty knitter's pleasure in this weekend. At a quarter to five on Friday, I made it to Bilby Yarns. I love the shop with its fleece, spinning wheels, natural coloured yarns and handspun - a knitter's treasure trove in a more natural way than the usual yarn shop. Unfortunately I don't get down there as often as I'd like as it is a fair distance from me but each time I do, I end up with some beautiful skein or two or three. Friday was no exception with some gorgeous blue,black and purple handspun skeins. They'll also be down at the Balingup Small Farm Field Day so make sure you look them up!

This week will be very busy and exciting getting ready for the Balingup Small Farm Field Day. I've got still a million things to do and the list keeps growing longer. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment