Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Cardigan For Winter Warmth

We're in the midst of much excitment here. All of the beautiful beanies, necklaces, headbands and wraps from Jamie and Jan are gently nestled in their boxes and ready to go. We're just waiting for a couple of very important arrivals before we make the trek down to Balingup.

For the other packing, well....I'm not very far advanced. Most important of all is the knitting packing as you well already know if you've read parts of this blog before. I'm a bit stuck there as I suspect that I won't get much quality knitting time so it will just have to be quite easy projects that I can just leave at any time. I'm toying between a little vest for my niece (similar to the one I made for Ben but in a cotton I think) and/or a junior version of the Nightcap Beanie. I'm also still working on my baby blanket but given it requires a bit of counting...this may be more than I will get the chance to do.

The other thing I'd really like to do is redo the seams on a periwinkle blue long cardigan (DROPS cardigan design (Top in Bomullin-Lin) I made back in September last year. I made it while I was in France - severely jetlagged and generally just very tired. It's a very simple design, well written - just what I needed. The yarn is Stitch Nation's Bamboo Ewe (bamboo/wool) in Periwinkle. This yarn does stretch a fair bit after washing but as I was looking for a very long cardigan, it wasn't an issue here. The seaming wasn't quite up to what I'd like it to be and I think it detracts from what will be a very useful cardigan. In case you're wondering, the button has been attached since this picture was taken - although it did take me two months after completion! Given autumn has finally arrived and the rain and lower temperatures are becoming more common place, I'm very motivated to add a warm element to my wardrobe!



Hope to see you at the Balingup Small Farm Field Day on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment