Friday, 6 April 2012

Easter Holidays

How wonderful to be down in the South West again in Busselton for Easter! We've had a fabulous morning of looking at vintage Citroens, the community fair, beach and ice creams. That's what holidays are all about!

 On the knitting front, I've started a wrap for myself in a simple wild flower lace pattern for autumn and spring. The yarn is special to me as it comes from my aunty's decades-old stash and was brought back from France. My lovely aunt gave me permission to raid her stash for anything that I might like and as any knitter knows, it is a real privilege to be able to look through and take your pick of someone's lovingly tended stash.


This particular yarn is called Linbel from Phildar, now sadly discontinued so even more precious! It is an unusual mixture of cotton, linen with small amounts of acrylic and polyester (for the very thin shiny filaments). The yarn is a beautiful multi-textured white/beige with little discreet filaments of silver and black.

I was originally going to make this into a cardigan but didn't find the right pattern in time to take down South with me. As I mentioned in my last post, this is why it always takes me about an hour and a half to think through the knitting I take down south. There are some beautiful patterns that I would like to make with a wool base rather than cotton/linen.


I've also brought along a couple of other projects too in case this simple lace pattern is too much too handle! I've got a little 12ply vest and beanie to make and also working on my next baby blanket.








So it is with this highly delusional wishlist of knitting projects that I leave you for now. Have a wonderful Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment