Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Farm Beanie - A Really Great Free Pattern

Over the last couple of weeks I have participated in the test knitting of a great little all purpose beanie by Allison Britt from Sparrow Play. As you know, this humble little beanie managed to teach me a whole lot of things!

The Farm Beanie is a free 8ply beanie pattern done in the round with a combination of easy ribbing and stitches that is interesting but not too taxing for the knitter. It makes a great easy, quick present knit and comes in sizes baby to large adult. I really enjoyed knitting this beanie, especially the crown part with its interesting stitching.

One of the things I love about this beanie is that while it is totally unisex, it is really perfect for those more men's men that we knit for! In fact, this beanie was originally designed for a farming man!

 I've made the little baby size twice and have earmarked it for two friends' boys as well as a couple of grown men friends! I think it it will be a wonderful way of using up a lot of different colours of 8ply!! I highly recommend you try it and also have a look at the other great designs by Allison Britt (all available on Ravelry).

Here is the little Farm Beanie that was my test knit offering (second version) in Oceanic and Baby Blue Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply.


P.S. The Tigerlily Tunic is still drying outside - fingers crossed that it will be ready in time. So glad that I believed my swatch - the tunic looks about the right size now!

No comments:

Post a Comment