Sunday, 1 July 2012

Seeking Knitting Mojo

These last few days have been a little odd for me....I've felt a bit lost knitting-wise without the Snail Odyssey baby blanket or the Snail cardigan on my mind. It's that drive that you feel from thinking through major projects and suddenly you are all out to sea because you don't have the next leap of inspiration, the next big project to follow. You're also a bit shy of knitting commitment having had such a long relationship with a project. However, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has written eloquently about this case and I'm taking her advice....going easy until the desire for knitting and some sort of project reemerges.

So, to fast track this process, I took a whole stack of knitting books and magazines to my hairdresser's appointment with me (to the bewildered amusement of the lady cutting my hair - obviously not a knitter!)...nothing there. Next up, combing the Ravelry patterns....no not there either. Oh well, I'm sure it will come - there are many beautiful balls of wool requiring attention in my stash and sooner or later one will start to come to the forefront of my consciousness.

In the meantime, I'm pottering around doing a small gift project, a little T-shirt tunic for my lovely husband to take down south with him as a present for the friends he is staying with (I've already got the smaller cardigan for the youngest daughter). This little knit is a pleasant, relaxing mixture of stocking stitch and garter in a beautiful vibrant apricot orange Bendigo Woollen Mills Rondo...nothing complex or taxing and should hopefully be finished soon. I've had a few gauge issues with this wool but this pattern treats it as a 10ply and it seems to be working out fine.




So, in the meantime, a little bit of knitting and a little bit of gardening and hopefully the knitting will fall back into place in the next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment