Tuesday, 31 July 2012

'Sweet as Candy' Chloe

Now that the two Wingspans are under my belt, it is time for a little lighthearted fun with the very cute Chloe Cardigan by Alana Dakos from Never Not Knitting for a friend's little girl who will be turning three very soon. Along with the Yarn Harlot, Never not Knitting was one of the first knitting blogs I followed and her gallery of little girl and women's knits has always inspired me. This is the first time I'm attempting one of her patterns....gulp! It's an ingenious little design for a cardigan with puff sleeves knit in a top-down, seamless fashion. The pattern is clear to understand but given this is a new technique for me, I have to read it a few times before each step.

For this project, I'm also using a truly beautiful, multi-coloured hand-dyed wool by Candy Apple Lane. The base is made from Bendigo Woollen Mills Serenade which is a mixture of bamboo and wool and machine-washable!! The colour way is called 'Sweet as Candy' and is such a gorgeous yarn to work with. I'm addicted to knitting with it - it truly is like knitting with Smarties as I get excited about which colour variation will come next. Very like when you take one Smarty after another out, and try to guess which colour you'll pull out! The little girl whose birthday it is very soon, is gorgeous, chatty and very girly so hopefully the colour scheme will live up to her exacting standards!


 

I leave you with a couple of pictures taken this weekend during a bush walk in Bold Park. We walked for about 2 hours and 5.5 km - not bad for a three and five year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment