Saturday, 28 July 2012

Wingspan for Jodie Finished!

The Wingspan for Jodie was completed on Thursday night and after a wash and block on Friday, it was ready to be packaged up in its birthday present wrappings. I am really pleased with how it looks. I think the colours are stunning and while it is a little fuzzier than I expected originally, I think that its softness and fuzz just enhance the colourful halo it makes.




I did have a couple of dramas with the shawlette as I was hoping to add another 'wing' - have nine rather than eight. In the end, I ran out of yarn and had to strip back about two hours' work, which was a little irritating. I also had a bit of a scare with the length as it looked way to short but with a wash and blocking, it gained quite a few centimetres...phew!

Hopefully it will bring its recipient as much joy in wearing it as I had in knitting it! I think this will be the end of my addiction with the Wingspan pattern for the time being. It may pop up at some point in the future. Now, I have to prepare for a little girl's third birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment