Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Plain Vanilla Socks Revisited


Well, perhaps spring is not quite here yet....the skies have opened again and rain has splashed down most of today. The mood inside our house is also a little more subdued after Big B was up several times last night and was finding it hard to keep any fluid in him. It's a return to illness for us again... So it will be an early night tonight for my lovely husband and I, just praying that Big B feels a bit better and Little B doesn't come down with it.

Therefore, very quickly, I thought I'd share with you where I'm at with my forgotten sock project (Plain Vanilla Socks in Wendy Happy Yarn) - the last project to be picked up at any point in time. I have to admit that I'm not totally thrilled by this project although it is so far meeting the very low performance standards I've set for this sock. I mean, it fits a human foot and looks like a sock! I think perhaps part of the issue is that, while the colour is a fairly practical one for me, it just doesn't sing or inspire me at the moment. Despite spending so little time on it, it is advancing slowly but surely and I'm quite happy that I've got this far.

See, it actually fits!
Between you and me, I have the sneaking suspicion that this will be one of the projects coming with me later next month on our travels....let's hope it is slightly more advanced by then!

Don't forget to enter the free beanie competition on our facebook page. The winner will be announced tomorrow Wednesday 22nd August at 8.30pm Western Australian time.

No comments:

Post a Comment