Sunday, 2 September 2012

Mistress Contrary Lace Collar

I've been sitting in the sun this afternoon in heaven - soaking up the spring sunshine, having the boys play around me and knitting a little yellow cotton cardigan. Pure bliss! It has been a great Father's Day which started with a very colourful banner for my lovely husband and chocolate pikelets topped with maple syrup and banana slices. These were then followed by a beautiful brunch in Fremantle with a view of the Port - what could be better!


I also finished my Mistress Contrary collar for my sister-in-law in time to give it to her today. It is my take on the 'Quite Contrary' pattern by Hannah Sukut. with the lace pattern from the Geographe Bay Scarf and my version of the ruffle. I'm really happy with the result after doubting a bit whether it would turn out the way I intended it to. It should look great with a black vintage style frock (unfortunately I didn't have anything suitable in my wardrobe to model it with!). It was great fun to make and would do it again in a heart beat.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment