Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Drifter Nightcap Beanie

I mentioned in one of my last posts that I was saving the end of my latest Drifters Nightcap beanie for the plane trip. The aim was that I should be just about able to do the last few rows on the plane while still looking after the boys. It was a very modest aim (quite unlike me) and it payed off. It was just the right amount of knitting and easy enough to enable me to answer queries, read books and help Big B with his games throughout the trip.

I'm quite pleased with the end result. It is more subtle than the original and due to the smoother nature of the Drifters yarn, it has an entirely different look and feel. It was also a 10ply rather than the original 12ply but a slight increase in the number of stitches cast on was all that was really required (98 stitches in all).




The beanie was promptly dispatched to its new owner, my lovely husband's best mate on Sunday and hopefully, it will be much loved.

Also, I promised a shot of the blocked 'Queen of Hearts' Unleaving Scarf which is a little teacher appreciation gift (a rare moment of advance planning!). Doesn't look too bad, does it?

I'm currently furiously knitting away to do a mini-store stocking hopefully sometime next week so keep posted. Having a lot of fun choosing a few projects to do to clear out my yarn cupboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment