Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Relaxation Knits

Given this is total and utter crunch time week for work and extra commitments, I've come back to my very important principle of having one piece of easy knitting on the go at all times. This piece of knitting is specifically designed for those times when frankly, anything more than plain stocking stitch is beyond me. Such a project is very useful for times of when you're tired, stressed or you have very limited, small opportunities to knit (public transport, looking after kids) or even when you just want to chat at a craft group. I had let this principle slip for a while in favour of concentrating on finishing specific projects. However, having an easy project on the go  means more knitting gets done and less unravelling!

My current "relaxation project" is a sleeveless vest in my favourite Panda pattern size 2. This pattern I've used for my boys and I know it looks good and will have the staying power required to withstand any little boy. I'm making this 8 ply vest in a combination of 4ply BWM Latte cotton and 4ply BWM Inferno (cotton/wool from the BWM back room). It is likely to end up as a Christmas present but I haven't fully decided yet who the recipient will be. The picture below was taken a few days ago so now I have finished most of the back and am just shaping the shoulders.


I've also got a number of little butterflies that I'm knitting up to finish a couple of cardigans. This is a selection of lower wings at the stand by. Tonight I'll be adding the upper wings...if the eyelids hold up :-). I'm looking so forward to the end of the week!





2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about having special projects to do when you're in public places. I can't bare to sit there doing nothing while waiting at the doctor's etc....and everyone is used to seeing me knit these days!!! I'm glad you found knitting, it's great fun.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! It's always lovely to hear from a fellow knitter. I love these special projects and do really miss them if I don't have a little easy project tucked away somewhere.

      Delete