Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Spring Unleaving Scarf

Well, we're starting our fourth day in Melbourne as a family and we're loving every moment. It is so wonderful to be able to do sightseeing with the boys who have been amazing in their patience, interest and walking legs! We've been to the Melbourne Museum, spent half a day in the Royal Botanical Gardens, gone up the Eureka tower and wandered through Chinatown. The boys have been discovering different foods - their big favourite was seaweed salad!

I'm getting a little less knitting done but I try to knit a little when everyone is relaxing back at the apartment in the middle of the day. I'm doing a cotton version of the Unleaving Scarf with the gorgeous Jalbrook Alpaca Knitwear Store random-dyed cotton. These pictures are a couple of days old - I've started the decreases now so am a little over half way through. I haven't quite captured the colours of the cotton below (they're deeper than pictured) which make me think of meadows of spring flowers when they're scattered with the little yellow and pink flowers. I'm really enjoying this knit as the stitch definition is beautiful and it will be a lovely spring/summer accessory. This little scarf will be featuring in a store stocking coming up!




No comments:

Post a Comment