Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Christmas Decorations 1: Slugs and Other Creations

In one of my recent blog posts, I mentioned that my boys were both excited about the idea of a garden themed Christmas tree. In particular, they've become quite fixated on the idea of having a slug on the Christmas tree and I've been fielding questions about when this slug will be ready. Well, I've caved in and here is Slugsy in all his blue-eyed glory.....


I'm actually quite proud of him and the boys think he is wonderful! A paper cut out rainbow snail has also followed and the boys were enquiring about whether we should also include a fly. My lovely husband put his foot down at this stage of the proceedings...there will be no flies on our Christmas tree! I think perhaps some butterflies, leaves and mushrooms may join him.


Also for the Christmas tree, is this little red pearl-speckled egg much laughter was had this morning describing it as a red, prickly coconut. Don't ask, I have no idea why!

We'll be going down south for the weekend so after tonight I will leave my wreath and Christmas decorations alone and concentrate on the important Christmas knitting to be done during the long car trips. Hopefully I'll have some finished projects to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment