Sunday, 25 November 2012

Christmas Knit List 2 - A Flurry of Knits

We've just come back from a beautiful trip down to Busselton visiting Grandma and Grandpa. We all had a wonderfully relaxing time on their verandah, ambling about the towncentre (including the Blue Box!) and having an afternoon ale at Stilts Cafe on the beach. The life! One little drawback was the very early morning starts for all....5am, which is a time that makes me a little unfriendly after about 4pm each day. However, the early morning chorus of birds was quite lovely as was the sound of a little boy scootering outside by 5.15am!

I also had a fabulous time knitting. The long drive and back was brilliant for completing some of my Christmas knitting. I finished the yummy silk/merino feather and fan scarf (yarn is from Candy Apple Lane). I've loved the feeling of this yarn and I'm hoping it will look as beautiful as it feels. Silk/merino seems to handle a bit like mohair - there is a little fluff (so don't look for perfect stitch definition) and also it is important not to undo much of your knitting as the yarn fuses together. However, its beauty is perfect for a very cuddly scarf and if you go for an easy design - no risk of battling with fused yarn! Here are a few unblocked pictures but you have my word both halves are finished and are now peacefully drying on the blocking board.

Also, I finished a Chloe Cardigan (by Alana Dakos from Never Not Knitting) for my little 2.5 year old niece in the same Sweet as Candy colourway as before and I've got enough for one more cardigan I think. It is amazing to get 5 cardigans out the 400g of beautiful Sweet as Candy plus trim (from Candy Apple Lane)! Here's a picture of it unblocked without its button.

Lastly, on the drive back, I managed to get about half way through another Chloe Cardigan (Size 2 this time) in Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply - Oceanic (which is a teal colour) and Baby Blossom (light pink). This little cardigan will go to the Salvation Army Christmas Appeal along with a few other little treats. My deadline is Friday for this so must get a wriggle on! The pink did not quite come out on this photo but it is quite a nice colour combination.


So knitting-wise, this week will be about finishing off the little beasties for the Christmas wreath and blocking the above. Looks like I will be pretty busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment