Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Rebellious Thoughts

There is a time, usually about half way through the Christmas knitting process, when I start rebelling againt my Christmas knit list and dream of pastures new. Usually the dreams focus on the Christmas/New Year Break projects which have traditionally been knits either for myself or the boys - pleasure knits if you like. This year, I am looking at making a couple of knits for myself. One would be a cotton cardigan (I only own one, not handmade by me and about 10 years old) and the other a lace-weight wrap. The cardigan is the first order of priority as there is more of a call for it. The other is merely a frontier I would like to explore.

The other day I went to one of my favourite places for inspiration, Calico & Ivy in Mosman Park and found the perfect pattern book, Debbie Bliss' Amalfi. It has a great range of easy, gorgeous cardigans and I'm tossing up either the pink long sleeve on the front or a short sleeve a-line cardigan. I think the a-line might win as first knit, perhaps I can sneak the long sleeve in soon too!

I think I've also found the colour I want to make it in. It is either of these Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton - French Navy or Sky Blue.

Can't wait to start the cardigan! Just got to get through the next two weeks of knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment