Saturday, 12 January 2013

Adventures in Colour

I've been a bit quiet for a number of days with a great test knit I've been doing for one of my favourite local designers - full name of designer and pattern to be revealed when the pattern goes live!

This one was a bit left field for me as I'm not really into colour work and have had pretty disastrous results in the past. Nevertheless it was an utterly gorgeous beanie and I thought....it's only a beanie, how bad can it be? The answer is...not at all. In fact it was a great experience and I'm actually quite proud of the result!


The effects were all done with slip stitches and with the use of variegated yarn (you might recognise the Candy Apple Lane 'Sweet as Candy' here again), it looks like I've used more than just two colours. I also used Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply in Acorn for the contrast colour and Blossom Pink for the highlight at the brim. It did require a bit of concentration so it had to be done when the boys were asleep but it was a really quick knit.

The beanie is currently out in the backyard drying and I'm hoping to get a few modelled shots by the end of the afternoon (this may be somewhat optimistic).

Anyway, I can't wait to unveil it all soon when the pattern goes live.

No comments:

Post a Comment