Sunday, 27 January 2013

Ripple Baby Blanket 2

We're just about to do some last minute preparations for Big B's sixth birthday party with friends - water-themed given a very hot day ahead. All that is left is to do the party bags and a bit of last minute cooking and cleaning. We're in good shape and Big B is very excited!

I've been thoroughly enjoying my ripple blanket (made from Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton and Heirloom Cotton - pattern made up). It has been very relaxing to see the colours unfold. It is also rather cooler to knit than wool at this time of year - a real blessing when you've got a blanket covering your lap! I've got one set of green to do and I'm finished. I love these colours for boys and just wish I'd been knitting when I was expecting my first!

I've also finally sewn together the Bougainvillea scarf (Skinny Feather and Fan pattern) which has been sitting patiently in the corner of my bedroom blocking. It looks beautiful with all the different colours unfolding. Unfortunately I was running out of time and this is not the best photo of this gorgeous wool!

Anyway, back to the air-conditioning and I should finish that blanket tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment