Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Winter Garden Beanie

A few weeks ago, I showed you a few pictures of colourful beanie that was a test knit for the very talented Allison Britt (from SparrowPlay). As it has just been released, I can now show you some more pictures of this really cute beanie that I am very proud of making. It is the wonderful combination of slipped stitches which really makes this pattern. For all of you who are wary of colourwork and I am one of those, believe me, this is a great painless re-introduction to something which can be quite fun.



Both the pattern for Winter Garden Beanie and the matching Winter Garden Cowl are available now and Allison is having a big discount on all of her patterns during the month of February to celebrate her KAL (knit along) on the Ravelry forum - Budding Designers Down Under. There are some great prizes to be won - free patterns (including by me!), yarn by Candy Apple Lane (whose variegated Sweet as Candy yarn was used for the beanie pictured above) and also a $50 voucher from Crafty Frog. Make sure you check out Allison's patterns and her KAL. It should be very exciting. I'm planning to make her Sideways Dude pattern for a little boy who will be turning one shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment