Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Lorix the Cotton Version 1

We are now well into the first week of the Sparrow Play KAL on Ravelry and I am only just making headway on my chosen project. Allison has some really great patterns to choose from and I was about to make the Sideways Dude pattern. However, on the weekend, I thought I'd double check with gorgeous Ben's mummy and a vest would suit his needs better, preferably cotton.

So back to the drawing board for me and I decided to make a Lorix vest. I consulted with Allison about its suitability for cotton and with a few modifications, I'm giving it a go. I'm using Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton 8ply French Navy for the trim and the same cotton in Latte using two balls of 4ply. Not sure it is going to give me the right result but fingers crossed!


I've battled a bit with this knit - through no fault of the pattern but rather due to the needle I was using so I'm feeling a little cross-patchy about this knit (It probably doesn't help that this is my first week of healthier eating). There is a bit of a laddering gap at each end (irritating since I was paying attention to it) and I'm hoping I can even this out as I don't really feel like going through all of that again. However, I"m now on to the very easy going body with one of my favourite circulars so I should be cruising shortly. I will have to make a decision soon as to whether I redo but at the moment I'm going to live with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment