Saturday, 2 February 2013

Rainbow Ripple Blanket 1

As this weekend edges to a close, a little bit of quiet returns to the house and I get to spend a few minutes sharing a couple of pictures of my latest work in progress. My lovely husband has just come home from a "blokes' weekend" with his best mates and therefore I am anticipating that my knitting time will shortly return to its previous levels! Having said that, the boys and I have had great fun - cooking, going to friends and going out to dinner. They tried deep-fried ice cream and thought it the most wonderful food they had ever tasted!

With not so much energy left in the evenings, I've really enjoyed having a simple satisfying knit. This is a slightly modified version of the previous ripple blanket I did to accommodate a rainbow theme.



I'm using up some of my Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton and have also added a bit of Rowan Linbel for the orange touch. Just pink and red to go now! I'm not quite sure yet who this is destined for. I'm quite enjoying the thought of a few baby blankets piling up.

I've also finished the first ripple baby blanket in boy colours and just need to finish weaving in all of the ends. The colour is a little subdued in this picture - see my second last post before this one for a more accurate view.
In case you're wondering, my cotton cardigan didn't get a look in at all this week....don't think I have any chance of meeting my self-imposed deadline, especially now that I'd also like to gift Ben a Lorix vest for his birthday as part of the February Sparrow Play KAL. Oh well, just more wonderful knitting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment