Monday, 4 March 2013

Pistachio and Strawberry Blanket

This weekend I was just wondering about how much time I would have for my knitting and whether its importance had somewhat been diminished amid the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, when one of the reasons I really love this craft became once again apparent. After a busy few days getting back into the home space, spending more time with the boys and celebrating our wedding anniversary, I of course caught a cold, which by yesterday evening was pretty awful.

So, amid the cups of hot tea and panadol, I took up my knitting again, another cotton baby blanket in a feather and fan ripple pattern I started a few weeks ago (this will be intended for the Balingup Small Farm Field Day). It was immensely relaxing to see the layers go through reminding me of strawberry and pistachio icecream with a dash of mint. I have to admit that these colours are a little out of my character and going really pink still makes me feel a little uncomfortable but all of the green made it much more in keeping with my preferred colours.
Just finishing up the last darker green layer and it will be all ready to be washed and blocked. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment