Thursday, 25 April 2013

Alpaca Lap Blanket

What an amazing avalanche of an April! It seems that every week we've had at least three momentous occurrences both happy or sad at a time and I'm left really clinging to the canoe this week. After one more trip to Adelaide on Monday and Tuesday, I'm really looking forward to Mellow May!

As you know, after weeks of knitting for the Balingup Small Farm Field Day, I am now really enjoying a bit of relaxation knitting. I've taken up the beautiful Suri Alpaca 3ply from Lawithick Farm and am knitting away.

 I love how soft it feels and the fact that it is a little fluffy. I'm learning with this piece as I haven't worked with anything so fine before. Unfortunately this won't be long enough for a wrap so it will just have to be an ultra soft and extremely luxurious lap blanket!
I can't wait to see how it turns out...

Also, I've cast on a little Rainbow Dress (design by Tiki Designs) for my niece who's turning three shortly. I'm making it out of another of Candy Apple Lane's beautiful yarns - a pink sparkle yarn. Unfortunately the pink sparkle hasn't quite come out in the photos but will look great on the straight stocking stitch part of the dress.

Next time, I promise, there will be better shots of this beautiful yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment