Sunday, 28 April 2013

Sparkly Pink Ballerina Dress 1

It is a very quick hello tonight as I am in the midst of preparing to go to Adelaide before dawn tomorrow and I'm running a little behind schedule.

My beautiful niece is turning three in a couple of weeks' time and I wanted to make something very special for her. I bought some gorgeous DK Sparkle "Soft Pink" from Candy Apple Lane a little while ago with her in mind and have been hunting for the right pattern. I've finally succumbed to the very cute Rainbow Dress by Georgie Hallam and this is how it is turning out:

I've decided to do the picot edging cast off which is very pretty and have also included a space to thread a white ribbon when I'm finished. Unfortunately the camera didn't pick up the sparkle but you should see it under lights! This is a very girly knit for me but I think it should be just right to tickle a three year old's fancy.

Also, I promised I would share a picture of the yarns I bought in Balingup. The larger one with the pinks and purples is a handspun hand-dyed alpaca from Jalbrook Alpaca and the other two are from the Melanian Sheep Breeders Association - 4ply wool. Pretty cool don't you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment