Thursday, 4 April 2013

Stall Preparation 1: Autumn Leaves

I'm having a bit of fun here creating some decorations for my stall down in Balingup on Saturday 20th April (Balingup Small Farm Field Day), which is now only two and a bit weeks away. In my dreams, I'd love to make it a garden-inspired stall with elements of nature popping here, there and everywhere. I have to temper a bit this dream with the practical realities of heading into the two busiest weeks at work but I'm hoping to be able to turning a version of this idea into reality.  This means that over the next couple of weeks there will be a) less blog posts, b) some rather odd nature-related knits popping up on the blog.

One of the items I would like to create is a climbing vine around the stall, complete with some flowers and hopefully a couple of butterflies/bugs. So far, I've made the main vine (all 4.5m of it!) and have had fun creating different sized leaves.
These leaves are from Lesley Stanfield's book on 100 flowers to knit and crochet. Her books are truly inspirational and I love creating these little dainties! 

Also, I am almost ready for Jodulbug Creations showcase. The very colourful and soft Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket was washed and pinned out early this morning. I'll weave in the ends and take some beauty shots over the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment