Sunday, 19 May 2013

Cotton Cardigan and Sunday Afternoons

After a very busy and somewhat topsy-turvy week, it was a real pleasure to have an easy-going Sunday at home with the boys. We somehow all managed to do exactly what we wanted to do - the boys playing lego, my lovely husband cleaning out our family car that is unfortunately going to the scrapyard (there's part of the topsy-turvy week!) and I was taking the opportunity to photograph the finished cotton cardigan.

This is the A-line cardigan by Debbie Bliss from her Amalfi book. I've modified it slightly to give it a different edging. The lace pattern is called Falling Snow from the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 5.
 
You might be wondering what my lovely boys were doing while I was taking the photos. They were on my bed, playing with the globe right next to the photoshoot!

This photo is only included to show you the fit, which I am pretty happy with. I've only safety-pinned it together until I receive the beautiful buttons from Sheepish by Sarah. Apart from that, this photo illustrates some very important mistakes to avoid when having your photo taken -  a) actually check yourself in the mirror before asking to someone to take the photo - always remember to straighten your t-shirt and comb your hair, b) make sure you are not staring into full sun, c) don't ask your husband to take a photo when he is quite obviously in the middle of something.

Today was also all about being together and so along with some home cooking involving Big B (beetroot hummus dip), we went on a family walk through the nearby bushland. The boys were very keen and charging ahead...
We found a curious lorikeet on our travels...
 And also came across a beautiful banksia tree...
Here's a dried banksia up close...
All in all, it was a wonderful Sunday and a great way to let the stresses and tiredness of the week roll off! I'm rounding off the day by getting back to knitting a little vest for a friend of my mother's grandson. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment