Thursday, 30 May 2013

Little Boy Vest Completed

 Today is a very rare day indeed. I have a grand total of about five hours by myself to do as I please. There are a few must dos that need to be completed (some work, some shopping and exercise) but the rest is pretty much my own time and there were two things on my list - writing up a blog post and cracking into this little scarf design that I've been dreaming up. The wool I'm going to use - picked out with Little B's approval is a Morris and Co Empire Superwash Merino in 4ply. I can't wait to get started!
I have been quite busy on the knitting front this week. Both the little custom vest (Panda Magnum pattern) and my indulgence scarfette were finished. The vest is featured below after having spent the week drying out after its lovely soapy bath. The weather has turned very cold here all of a sudden (2 degrees over night) and things are taking ages to dry inside. The photos don't do it justice as the yarn (BWM Serenade Dutch Blue) is actually quite a deep speckled blue and it turned out really well.


I've also started on a little custom Camille cardigan (size 12-18 months) for a grand-daughter in a BWM Luxury 8ply in a very inspiring Sunflower yellow (it is actually a bit more vibrant than the yellow pictured below). I'm hoping to progress it further at Craft Night tonight.
Photos of the Indulgence Scarfette and the new vest for Jack in the making will also be featured in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment