Sunday, 5 May 2013

Sparkly Pink Ballerina Dress 2

This week has been wonderfully productive in terms of knitting! It is with great delight that I can show you the completed Ballerina Dress (Design is Rainbow Dress by Georgie Hallam and yarn is DK sparkle from Candy Apple Lane) for my three year old niece. It is beautifully girly and although the camera doesn't quite pick it up, it also sparkles in the sun or under lights.
It has pretty picot edgings on the arms and at the hem and I think it looks adorable. It is just missing a little white ribbon where you see the line of holes under the bodice.
 
 While the dress is lying peacefully drying on top of my bed, I can tell you about the hairier moments of knitting it on the plane to and from Adelaide this week. On both flights I was sandwiched next to two blokes and the look of pure disgust was quite remarkable upon having a female knitting between them. Especially something that is very very pink and sparkles most eye-catchingly in the lights of the plane! I have to admit I was a little embarrassed at the prettiness of the knit but soldiered on regardless. After all, who in their right mind is going to turn down two and a half hours of child-free knitting time?

I've also started again my three-quarters finished cotton cardigan with the intent to have it almost done by the end of the week - I'm on a roll here! Only the right front side to go and of course the seeming and collar. With a bit of luck I'll get to wear it before it gets too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment