Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Achievements

A few months ago, I posted about trying to change to a more healthy lifestyle that included exercise, healthy eating and balanced mind. Well, I had set myself four goals to be achieved by 30 June and happened to stumble on them on Sunday. I am surprised and delighted to say that I have achieved two of the four and one I haven't yet checked. The first was getting my blood pressure down to normal levels and I can give that a big tick - yay! Second, was to get back into my most special dress,  a little black number in a very slender size 12 and yes, it fits very well now. I'm ready to go out on the town! The third was to reduce my cholesterol level and I haven't had that test redone yet but I think it is a pretty safe bet that it has been reduced. The last I couldn't remember even writing down, which was to run continuously for half an hour - I haven't done (probably has something to do with not remembering it!). However, all in all, I'm very happy with the result.

The unexpected side-effect of the exercise and the better health has been the wonderful way it has impacted my brain and mood. It's so nice to be able to have a more positive view of life and just feel more energy and resilience to deal with times of challenge. Now, I don't exercise for the weight loss - I do it for what it does to my head!

On a knitting note, I can leave you with a picture of a scarf I am designing which is destined for Little B. It is knit in Morris and Sons Empire 4ply. I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to get back to it hopefully on Friday.
More pictures and projects hopefully later in the week...the rain has curtailed my picture taking opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment