Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Mid-Week Ramble

It's the middle of the week but doesn't quite feel that way in the funny way that long weekends tend to warp your time-space continuum. It feels like it should be the end of the week already!

As I knew this week was going to be really tough from a work perspective, I shored myself up with woolly inspiration. This meant settling down with a cup of tea at the ready and planning out my next projects...including organising my shelves into what to do next for friends/family, design/sale and for myself.
I picked out a few precious skeins that I would be working on next and had the enjoyable task of turning them into balls of yarn ready to use. The boys were very eager to help, although Big B decided that 4ply yarn is really a bit tough going when you have to so much more yarn to wind!
You're probably wondering what some of these will be turned into....well, the choc caramel is well underway into being turned into a Milo Vest for Jack.
As for the beautiful yellow 4ply Nasturtium (Jodulbug Creations), I am tossing up between a pair of mittens or socks for myself. It's getting pretty cold now and I hate getting cold hands so the mittens may win. I've seen a beautiful set of mittens in the new Botanical Knits book by Alana Dakos that I'm very tempted to try out. However, I've developed a sudden urge to try sock knitting again and can't quite get it out of my head.

Lastly, the brightly coloured 10ply variegated is called Forest in Spring (by Candy Apple Lane) which will be used to make a vest for Big B.

On a final note to ensure the week started off on a bright note, I got these little beauties at a swap mart on Sunday for $1 a piece! They are sure to provide a little spot of sunshine in the cold and rain to come. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment