Sunday, 9 June 2013

My Little Sock Fling

As I was telling you in my previous post, my enforced monogamy to my Milo Vest in progress and the slight issues I was having with it (entirely my fault) was causing me to shy away from it. A constant stream of new projects to cast on beckoned me and finally, I felt it was better for us to have a short break from each other in order to find ourselves once again.

Once the decision made, I was torn by the possibilities and finally settled on making Glenna C's Nice Ribbed Sock design (free!) out of Jodulbug Creations' beautiful Nasturtium 4ply. As you may already know, I've never had any luck with socks yet but third time's the charm I'm sure.... It was perfect for watching "Ice Age 3" - especially with two boys at various points in time clinging to one or other arm!
However, last night I settled back down with the Milo Vest and got really motoring along watching "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". I don't think I've seen this one yet. It came out post-kids so I haven't quite caught up on my movie watching in the intervening years.
Having had the benefit of a bit of distance from the knit, I've figured out that my problem was that I wasn't keeping track of my cabling rows and therefore getting confused. I should have been using the same technique I use for lace - having a ruler constantly marking the row I'm on. I'm hoping this will help my cover more knitting miles and finish in time for me to give it a wash and dry before Saturday.

It is wet and windy tonight, I'm off to give the soup pot another stir. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment