Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Scrambled Egg Socks

Sometimes when you are feeling a little flat, all it takes to brighten your day is a beautiful bright yarn and a project that is just for you - with no deadlines, no expectations - just you and the yarn. For me, I find it especially important in winter as the cold and the dark makes everything a bit more of a chore.

My "ray of sunshine" project at the moment is my Scrambled Egg Socks - a name given to the project by my lovely husband which will suit the socks very well. The design is a very simple, straightforward free pattern called "Nice Ribbed Sock" by Glenna C aka The Crazy Knitting Lady - who writes a really informative knitting blog. The yarn is Jodulbug Creations - 4ply merino in Nasturtium.

I have knitted a bit more since these pictures were taken and am now decreasing to shape the toes. I know this is a bit early to cry victory but I think it is looking promising. I tried it on the other day and it actually fits - not too tightly and not baggy. For those of you that don't know it...getting a sock that fits has haunted me for a while and now is the time to conquer this personal challenge.

I am hoping it all works out as I have already found about a dozen other socks I would like to knit!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, your socks rock, not only the pattern, but the colour as well. Congratulations on the progress to date. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Motherdragon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed - think I'm going to finish them tonight!

      Delete