Thursday, 11 July 2013

Scrambled Egg Socks Done

It has been a whirlwind of a week and a bit which has taken on a very unreal feeling due to a total and absolute lack of sleep. My poor Big B has had a chest infection which meant that everyone in the house has had interrupted sleep and early wakings for a good seven days. Fortunately he is now much better and even the adults in the house are starting to recover rather than automatically reaching for more coffee.

The boys and I went down to Balingup for the weekend which was beautiful if very cold and therefore, I am only just surfacing in terms of getting the knitting back in order.

One of the very good things in being sleep deprived is that you have to keep things simple and therefore it was a perfect opportunity to finish my Scrambled Egg Socks (design is Nice Ribbed Sock by Glenna C and yarn is Nasturtium 4ply Merino by Jodulbug Creations).


If I'm absolutely honest, I would say they are not exactly identical twins but since they fit and don't look too different, I would class this a success. Sock challenge definitely completed! I am itching to get another pair of socks on the needles but I need to get a few other items out of the way first.

Talking of adventures, I also went to a Spinning workshop last night at the Perth Artifactory. It was great fun and very unusual. Imagine people spinning their spindles with hanks of yarn in a warehouse surrounded by technical and computer gear...a real clash of cultures. Molly, who taught the class, has a love of yarn that surpasses even mine and she has a whole room and more of yarn and fiber!!! Her partner was also able to reel off all the spinning and weaving terminology and has an understanding of the importance and nuances around stash (i.e. it is not necessarily for knitting). I wonder if I could get my lovely husband interested?? Maybe just turning a blind eye to the ever-increasing size of the stash is enough.
I'm not sure I'm destined to be a spinner but perhaps if I'm faced with a particularly beautiful stock of fiber...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment