Sunday, 4 August 2013

Chicky Yellow Beanie, Booties and Vest

There is something infinitely heart-warming and comforting in knitting a welcome present for an imminent baby arrival. This little baby is a colleague's first baby in Australia and she has had to start afresh with all of her baby items. What better reason to knit something especially for this little one. No idea yet if it will be a girl or boy so yellow seemed to be a reasonable colour to pick.

With such an incentive to knit, I went a little overboard - a hat and booties in moss stitch using the leftover Nasturtium 4 ply yarn (from Jodulbug Creations) from my Scrambled Egg Socks and a newborn size Milo Vest (design by Georgie Hallam) out of Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply in Sunflower.


You will have to excuse the multiple pictures of booties. I have finally conquered my fear of these little things and managed to make some that are likely to be of use! Having said that, the first bootie languished in my knitting basket for a bit as I ran in to problems deciphering the instructions. Two weeks later and the instructions make perfect sense....seems it just need to percolate through my brain.


The little vest is not yet washed and blocked but I'm pretty happy with the effort. Quick and painless! 


This weekend has been very productive with nothing left on my needles but the Alpaca Lap Blanket. Many items were washed and blocked (a great thing to do with a sick boy home from school) and a few dried in the warm breeze. Big B posed graciously to model his new vest on the proviso he could show off a few ninja moves ("Forest in Spring" yarn by Candy Apple Lane).
This means of course there is ample opportunity for more on the needles...and I have already picked some baby girl booties and clothes as well as a vest for little B. Is it wrong to be considering casting on three projects this evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment