Sunday, 13 October 2013

Miss Fisher's Scarf

A very quick post tonight as it is late and my body clock is still on Adelaide time. We had a wonderful time these holidays touring around Adelaide and its surrounding areas. It was wonderful to spend time as a family away from the day-to-day and was good too to be able to share some of it with my mother-in-law as well. We really all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Highlights for me were lunch at Maggie Beer's Farm Shop, a day by the sea at Glenelg, tapas and marvellous wine at The Apothecary 1878, shopping at Hahndorf, Adelaide Zoo and taking in a couple of amazing shows.

I did get to do some knitting too during this time. The inspiration came from the Miss Phryne Fisher book/TV series and her taste for architectural, art deco pieces of clothing. It is a much brighter pink colour than she would have used but I think the fishtail lace would have been right up her alley. It turned out really well, no small thanks to using stitch markers to mark the repeats of the lace pattern. This meant that I was able to very quickly fix any errors before they even became a problem and this got around the "it is too late at night to knit lace" syndrome. It will be joining the gallery of things to buy on the A Passionate Yarn website in due course.
I also finally took photos of the finished "Sea Dragon" Feather and Fan Scarf, I made a while back with some lovely Morris and Sons Quartet (soybean protein silk and wool blend).
I am off to work on some knitted bunting for a very exciting workshop that is happening next weekend. I will tell you a bit more about it later in the week as I get more organised. For now, have a wonderful start to the week and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment