Saturday, 30 November 2013

Cotton Waffle Blanket

Second post in a few days - that is very exciting! December is here and now I can no longer be in denial that Christmas is on its way. Since we have been so busy, I have not done my usual preparations and stockpiling of items from various Christmas markets. This means I am coming to terms with the need to do the dreaded "lead up to Christmas" shopping at the mall and the fact that for the first time in three years, I will not be churning out extra handmade gifts. However, the Christmas tree has been decorated by the boys and if we are not looking at the height of designer perfection, well I'm okay with that. They enjoyed themselves thoroughly and took special care in setting up the nativity (including dusting the shelf it was going on). That is saying a lot for 5 and almost 7 year old boys.

I am finally getting around to doing all the washing and blocking of the baby blankets I have made. The latest in Classic Blues is looking lovely. Both are available on the A Passionate Yarn Facebook page.

I am also experimenting with a new type of baby blanket - a waffle cotton blanket, made in a simple basket weave pattern. I think it will actually look quite stunning on some little boy's pram.
This week, the round of Christmas parties will start and so every moment spent knitting will be an oasis of calm, before venturing forth to celebrate in suitable Christmas spirits. Hopefully, I shall be able to show you next week a completed blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment