Friday, 29 November 2013

Renovation Knitting: Cotton Blankets Galore

It has been an age since I have sat down at my computer to write a post. The house hunting and the commencement of renovations have taken their toll and my brain space is becoming increasingly compromised. I am learning a new vocabulary and a way of counting time, as renovations seem to unfold rather organically no matter how organised you are. Our beautiful new house is now in its most basic form....totally gutted, in her smalls so to speak and not in her best light. In the next month, hopefully she will gain her internal walls back and have the floors redone.
In the meantime, the knitting has continued and has been churned out at a cracking pace. I have been using up my odds and ends of cotton and coming up with some beautiful colour combinations. The baby blankets have kept me very happy when I really did not want to have to think about what I was doing.


I have loved this combination of blue, yellow and orange, which I am calling "Cheeky Monkey". I was not too sure about it until about half way through but I think it works quite well. I am hoping to spend a bit of time on the weekend to put these on the A Passionate Yarn website, which has been sadly neglected with all the work and house priorities.
The "Berry-licious" cotton baby blanket is now drying and I have one more"Classic Blues" blanket lined up for washing and blocking this weekend.
I had set my mind on putting in a big order for cotton in January, however, my knitting has used up more yarn than expected and I've had to order in early from Bendigo Woollen Mills. Quite an impressive pile! However, I am staying true to my intent of finishing up my remaining supplies of cotton and am testing out a new cotton baby blanket - red, navy blue, white in a textured knit. It should look quite smart for a little boy - maybe a marine theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment